Course Outcomes (CO)
- To acquaint with the basics and working of computer system
- To introduce to office package like Excel, Word, Access and Powerpoint
- To make aware of basics of networking and its protocols.
- To enable the students to acquire sound knowledge of basic concepts of accounting
- To impart basic accounting knowledge
- To impart the knowledge about recording of transactions and preparation of final accounts
- To acquaint the students about accounting software packages
- To develop Analytical / Logical Thinking and Problem Solving capabilities
- To learn the design of algorithms and flowchart
- To calculate the space time complexity of an algorithm.
- To understand the concept, process and importance of communication.
- To develop an integrative approach where reading, writing, presentation skills are used together to enhance the students’ ability to communicate and write effectively.
- To create awareness among students about Methods and Media of communication.
- To make students familiar with information technology and improve job seeking skills.
- To provide the fundamental knowledge about working of business organization.
- To make students well acquainted with management process, functions and principles.
- To make the students familiar with recent trends in management.
- To learn the design of algorithm and flowchart
- To learn Tally as an accounting package
- To understand mail merge and resume building using MS Word
- To develop presentations using MS Powerpoint
- To calculate using MS Excel and analyse using MS Excel Chart
- To understand the basics of procedural programming language ie C
- To build logic of implementing a program using basic programming constructs
- To acquaint with file handling and basic memory allocation.
- To understand the basics of data storage, data manipulation and data retrieval
- To learn basics of data entity relationship and normalization
- To acquaint with various types of data storage models.
- To learn data abstraction layer
- To equip the students to understand the impact that individual, group & structures have on their behavior within the organizations.
- To help them enhance and apply the knowledge they have received for the betterment of the organization.
- To understand the power of excel spreadsheet in computing summary statistics.
- To understand the concept of various measures of central tendency and variation and their importance in business.
- To understand the concept of probability, probability distributions and simulations in business world and decision making.
- To learn the basics of electronic commerce
- To understand the basics of E Commerce like B2B, B2C, C2B, C2C etc
- To differentiate between modern and traditional marketing
- To understand internet basics and the development of website
- To understand the basics of C programming
- To implement various algorithms using programming constructs
- To create data storage entity such as tables
- To execute different database queries using structured query language
- To enable student to understand relational database concepts and transaction management concepts in database system.
- To enable student to write PL/SQL programs that use: procedure, function, package, cursor and trigger.
- To understand concurrency control and recovery in database system
- To understand different methods of organising large amounts of data
- To efficiently implement different data structure
- To efficiently implement solution for different problems
- To get more knowledge on C programming language
- To know services provided by operating system
- To know the process scheduling concepts, synchronization and deadlocks
- To understand memory and file management
- To understand input output system and disk scheduling
- To understand use of basic mathematics in everyday operations
- To know matrices and determinants
- To understand linear programming problem and transportation problem
- To enable student to understand system concepts and the types of systems
- To understand analysis of a software system through various system methodologies
- To know the designing of software system and its application in Software development.
- Acquire an understanding of basic object-oriented concepts
- To understand the issues involved in effective class design.
- Enables student to write C++ programs that use: object-oriented concepts such as information hiding, constructors, destructors, inheritance.
- To learn properties and events, methods of controls in Visual Basic
- To know handling of events of different controls.
- To understand the use of active controls and designing of VB application
- To learn connectivity between VB and databases.
- To know about computer network.
- To understand different topologies used in networking
- To learn different types of network.
- To understand the use of connecting device used in network.
- To know concepts of Enterprise Resource Planning
- To learn different ERP technologies.
- To acquaint the students with the Human Resource Management
- To understand its role in different functions of an organization
- To know the Human Resource Processes that are concerned with planning, motivating and developing suitable employees for the benefit of the organization.
- To learn the basic concept of Java Programming.
- To understand how to use programming in day to day applications.
- To know about applet, swing and abstract window toolkit
502: Web Technologies
- To know & understand concepts of internet programming.
- To understand markup language and client side scripting
- To understand how to develop web based applications using PHP.
503: Dot Net Programming
- To introduce visual programming and event driven programming theoretically as well as practically.
- To enhance applications development skill of the student.
- To implement object oriented programming and crystal reports using database connectivity.
504: Object Oriented Software Engg.
- To learn to analyse software systems using object orientation
- To Understand concept of system design using Unified Modeling Language.
- To understand system development through object oriented techniques.
505: Software Project – I [Based on C++ / VB Technology]
506: Laboratory Course – V [Based on Paper No. 501 & 502 ]
601: Advanced Web Technologies
- To know & understand concepts of internet programming
- To understand server side programming and database connectivity
- To understand the concepts of XML and AJAX. 4. To be aware of web services
602: Advanced Java
- To know the concept of multithreading in Java Programming.
- To develop small applications using JDBC concepts
- To understand Servlet and Java Servlet Pages
- To learn Java Beans and remote method invocation
603: Recent Trends in IT
- To introduce upcoming trends in Information technology.
- To study Eco friendly software development.
- To learn distributed databases concepts and data warehouse
604: Software Testing
- To know the concept of software testing.
- To understand the methods of testing bugs in software.
- To get acquainted with software testing tools
605: Software Project – II [Java / Dot net Technology]
- To develop a software for a given problem domain
- To document the project development cycle
- To work as a team member for the software project completion
606: Laboratory Course – VI [Based on Paper No. 601 & 602 ]
- To implement the theory learnt in 601 and 602 through various practical assignments
- To understand the installation and organization of web server like Apache
B.Sc.(Computer Science) 2013 Pattern
Program outcomes (PO)
PO1-To construct mathematical and statistical models to develop software for data analysis. PO2-To prepare the students for minor electronic projects individual/team. PO3-To make effective use of knowledge in the field of electronics for embedded system. PO4 -To create a ground for data analysis, interpretation and logic building. PO5-To imbibe knowledge of networking and hardware components for effective administration of ICT enabled learning.
Program Specific outcome (PSO)
PSO1-To learn and understand fundamentals of computer science like electronics, mathematics and statistics. PSO2-To learn programming and database concepts through C, Postgres SQL, C++, PHP, Java, etc. PSO3-To be aware of environment and sustainability. PSO4-To implement concept of Object Oriented Software Engineering through UML. PSO5-To develop mini electronics project in the area of embedded system.
MTC 101: Discrete Mathematics
- To recall basic facts about mathematics and display knowledge of conventions
- To understand terminology and recognize basic geometrical figures
and graphical displays
- A student should get a relational understanding of mathematical concepts
MTC 102: Algebra and Calculus
- To understand basics of Relations and functions
- To learn binary operations and groups
- To know Continuity and Differentiability
- To learn matrices and perform operations on them
MTC 103: Mathematics Practicals
- To learn the use and implementation of topics in given situation
- To learn to use computer software and graphing calculators wherever possible
- To solve problems using softwares like Sclib, Maxima, mu-pad, etc. for solving
Statistics Paper I (Statistical Methods I)
- To learn about raw data and methods of handling it to get information
- To understand data behaviour and its relation to other data
- To implement various techniques on data in real life situations
Statistics Paper II (Statistical Methods II)
- To review theory of probability and learn advanced theory of probability
- To understand Continuous Random Variable and probability distributions
- To learn Concepts and definitions related to testing of hypothesis
- To study simulation
Statistics Paper III (Practical)
- To implement the theoretical concepts using scientific calculator and spreadsheet
ELC-101: Principles of Analog Electronics
- To get familiar with basic circuit elements and passive components
- To understand DC circuit theorems and their use in circuit analysis
- To study characteristic features of semiconductor devices
- To study elementary electronic circuits and applications
- To understand basics of operational amplifiers.
ELC-102: Principles of Digital Electronics
- To get familiar with concepts of digital electronics
- To learn number systems and their representation
- To understand basic logic gates, boolean algebra and K-maps
- To study arithmetic circuits, combinational circuits and sequential circuits
- To study comparative aspects of logic families.
ELC-103: Practical Course
Computer Science Paper I (CS-101): Problem Solving Using Computers and ‘C’ Programming
- To develop Problem Solving abilities using computers
- To learn basic principles of programming
- To develop skills for writing programs using basic ‘C’ language constructs
Computer Science Paper II CS-102) File Organization and Fundamental of Databases
- To understand data processing using computers
- To teach basic organization of data using files
- To understand creations, manipulation and querying of data in databases
Computer Science Practical Paper I (CS-103) Computer Science Practical Paper I
- Design and implement a ‘C’ programs for simple problems
- Understand appropriate use of data types and array structures
- Understand use of appropriate control structures
Computer Science Practical Paper II (CS-104) Computer Science Practical Paper II
- Understanding basic HTML designing
- Writing C programs using complex data structures such as pointers, structures etc.
CS-211:Data Structures using ‘C’
- To learn the systematic way of solving problem
- To understand the different methods of organizing large amount of data
- To efficiently implement the different data structures
- To efficiently implement solutions for specific problems
CS-221:Object Oriented Concepts using C++
- Acquire an understanding of basic object oriented concepts and the issues involved in effective class design
- Write C++ programs that use object oriented concepts such as information hiding, constructors, destructors, inheritance etc
CS-212: Relational Database Management System
- To teach fundamental concepts of RDBMS (PL/PgSQL)
- To teach principles of databases
- To teach database management operations
- To teach data security and its importance
- To teach client server architecture
- To teach basics of System Analysis and Design.
- To teach principles of Software Engineering
- To teach various process models used in practice
- To know about the system engineering and requirement engineering
- To build analysis model
CS-223:Data structures Practicals and C++ Practicals
- Design and implement Data structures and related algorithms
- Understand several ways of solving the same problem.
CS-224:Database Practicals & Mini Project using Software Engineering techniques
- Understanding the use of cursors, triggers, views and stored procedures
- Understanding the steps of system analysis and design
- Understanding Data requirements for a specific problem domain
- Designing Database as per the Data requirements
- Designing queries as per the functional requirements
MT-211:Mathematics Paper I-Sem I
- To study general vector spaces and Eigenvalues
- To learn linear transformations
MT-221:Mathematics Paper I-Sem II
- To understand 2 and 3 dimensional transformation
- To learn plane and space curves
- To study Transportation Model and Its Variants
- To learn decision analysis and game theory
MT-212:Mathematics Paper II-Sem I
- To understand basics of errors and algebraic equations
- To learn calculus of finite differences and interpolation
- To learn numerical integration
MT-222:Mathematics Paper II-Sem II
- To learn Modeling with Linear Programming
- To understand simplex method and duality
MT-223:Practical Course in Mathematics
- To revise scilab commands and learn scilab programming
- To implement theoretical concepts using C programming
EL-211:Electronics Paper I-Sem I
- To study the applications of logic gates.
- To use K-maps for digital circuit design.
- To study and understand basics of microprocessors
- To understand fundamentals of multicore technology
EL-221:Electronics Paper I-Sem II
- To study the basics of 8051 microcontroller
- To study the Programming and interfacing techniques of 8051
- To apply knowledge of 8051 to design different application circuits
- To introduce the basic concepts of advanced Microcontrollers
EL-212:Electronics Paper II-Sem I
- To understand basics of analog electronics
- To study different types of sensors
- To understand different types of signal conditioning circuits
- To learn data conversion techniques
- To apply knowledge of analog systems in different applications
EL-222:Electronics Paper II-Sem II
- To understand basics of communication systems
- To understand modulation, demodulation and multiplexing of signals.
- To understand digital communication techniques
- To introduce concepts in advanced wireless communication.
EL-223:Practical Course in Electronics
- To use basic concepts for building various applications in electronics.
- To understand design procedures of different electronic circuits as per requirement.
- To build experimental setup and test the circuits.
- To develop skills of analyzing test results of given experiments.
EN-211:Technical English – Sem I
- To comprehend Literature components
- To understand language components like vocabulary and grammar
EN-221:Technical English – Sem II
- To comprehend Literature components
- To learn and practice communication skills
- To understand the design structure of a simple editor.
- To understand the design structure of Assembler and macro processor for an hypothetical simulated computer.
- To understand the working of linkers and loaders and other development utilities.
- To understand Complexity of Operating system as a software.
- To understand design issues related to process management and various related algorithms
- To understand design issues related to memory management and various related algorithms
- To understand design issues related to File management and various related algorithms
CS-332:Theoretical Computer Science
- To have an understanding of finite state and pushdown automata.
- To have a knowledge of regular languages and context free languages.
- To know the relation between regular language, context free language and corresponding recognizers.
- To study the Turing machine and classes of problems.
- To understand design issues of a lexical analyzer and use of Lex tool
- To understand design issues of a parser and use of Yacc tool
- To understand issues related to memory allocation
- To understand and design code generation schemes
- Understand different types of networks, various topologies and application of networks.
- Understand types of addresses, data communication.
- Understand the concept of networking models, protocols, functionality of each layer.
- Learn basic networking hardware and tools.
- Basic networking concepts.
- Understand wired and wireless networks, its types, functionality of layer.
- Understand importance of network security and cryptography.
CS-334: Internet Programming- I
- Learn Core-PHP, Server Side Scripting Language
- Learn PHP-Database handling.
CS-344:Internet Programming- II
- Learn different technologies used at client Side Scripting Language
- Learn XML,CSS and XML parsers.
- Understand one PHP framework for effective design of web application.
- Learn AJAX to make our application more dynamic.
CS-335:Programming in Java-I
- To learn Object Oriented Programming language
- To handle abnormal termination of a program using exception handling
- To create flat files
- To design User Interface using Swing and AWT
CS-345:Programming in Java-II
- To learn database programming using Java
- To study web development concept using Servlet and JSP
- To develop a game application using multithreading
- To learn socket programming concept
CS-336:Object Oriented Software Engineering
- Understanding importance of Object Orientation in Software engineering
- Understand the components of Unified Modeling Language
- Understand techniques and diagrams related to structural modeling
- Understand techniques and diagrams related to behavioral modeling
- Understand techniques of Object Oriented analysis, design and testing
- To study how graphics objects are represented in Computer
- To study how graphics system in a computer supports presentation of graphics information
- To study how interaction is handled in a graphics system
- To study how to manipulate graphics object by applying different transformations
- To provide the programmer’s perspective of working of computer graphics
CS-347:Practicals Based on CS-331 and CS341 – Sem I & Sem II
- Design and implement System programs with minimal features to understand their complexity.
- Design and implement simulations of operating system level procedures.
CS-348:Practicals Based on CS-335 and CS-344 – Sem I & Sem II and Computer Graphics using Java
- Implement core Java programs to solve simple problems
- Implement Client and Server end Java programs
CS-349:Practicals Based on CS-334 and CS-344 – Sem I & Sem II and Project
- Implement Simple PHP programs to solve simple problems